cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Timur Izhbulatov <...@yxo.ru>
Subject [SOLVED] Binding to xmldb
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 13:37:44 GMT
Timur Izhbulatov wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I use woody binding framework as shown in the corresponding sample (cocoon
> 2.1.4) with an XML file and it works just fine. But when I change the file
> URL to xmldb one my non-us (UTF-8 encoded) data are getting corrupted.
> When I popultate the DB with the same data (as in xmldb sample) it also
> works correctly.
>
> My sitemap entry looks as follow:
>   <map:match pattern="edit">
>      <map:call function="woody">
>        <map:parameter name="function" value="form2xml"/>
>      <map:parameter name="form-definition" value="forms/form_model.xml"/>
> 	 <map:parameter name="documentURI"
> 	     value="data/1.xml"/>
> 	 <!-- <map:parameter name="documentURI"
> 	     value="xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/data/1"/> -->
>        <map:parameter name="bindingURI" value="forms/form_bind.xml"/>
>      </map:call>
>    </map:match>
>
> The form2xml function was totally borrowed from binding_example.js. Should
> I rewrite my flow script or somehow configure the database operation?

I changed the
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSource.XMLDBOutputStream.close
() method:
       public void close() throws IOException, SourceException {
           if (!isClosed) {
               writeOutputStream(baos.toString("UTF-8"));
               baos.close();
               this.isClosed = true;
           }
       }
It used to use baos.toString() but this method uses system's default
encoding (windows-1251 in my case) to translate bytes into characters
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/ByteArrayOutputStream.html)
.

Timur