cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nils" <>
Subject document() in xsl:variable -> low performance
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 21:37:32 GMT

In a stylesheet, I have this in the first line, outside of any template:

<xsl:variable name="lang"><xsl:value-of

In the templates of this xsl I use the variable $lang about 40 times. The
procession of this stylesheet is very slow.

When I reduce the use of the variable $lang to one or none, it's very fast.
When I use "en" (without quotes) instead of <xsl:value-of
select="document('cocoon:/getxml')/context/lang"/> it's very fast, as well.

--> Does that mean, that everytime I use $lang cocoon executes
document('cocoon:/getxml') ??
--> How can I avoid that?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: