cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Rosenberger" <pieperm...@gmx.de>
Subject Prefill form with Woody and XML without binding?
Date Wed, 12 May 2004 07:58:38 GMT
Hello!

I have i question regarding the prefilling of a form using Woody.

The data to use in the form is placed in a XML file, which I get by a Java
class.

So I want to use this XML file to fill in values in the form and then show
the form to the user.

Need no overhead of the Woody binding framework, because for updating the
values a seperate Java class is needed.

Or can I do this flow:

Java class delievers XML (also possible to use this class as generator) =>
show Form => user changes values => get updated data in model => write to
XML file => send XML to transformer (my second Java class which is
responsible for sending the xml data)

What would you suggest to handle this flow?

Thanks,
Christian