cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Askild Aaberg Olsen" <ask...@xangeli.com>
Subject Re: Help Pls Zip Archive Serializer
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 14:18:49 GMT
> Yeah Jorg did suggest to use Directory generator. But what
> should the logic be. For eg: - the code in sitemap for
> getting directory contents list is
>

> <map:match pattern="downloadMain">
>         <map:generate type="directory" src=".">
>         <map:parameter name="depth" value="5"/>
>         </map:generate>
>                <map:transform src="stylesheets/dir2html.xsl"/>
>

>         <map:serialize/>
>     </map:match>
>

> And the xml file for zipping a file is
>

> <zip-archive:archive
> xmlns:zip-archive="http://apache.org/cocoon/zip-archive/1.0">
>
>   <zip-archive:entry name = "a.txt"
> src="C:\jboss-3.2.1\server\im\deploy\cocoon.war\mointest\a.txt"/>
>
> </zip-archive:archive>
>
> How do I combine both the entities to zip an entire directory
> with appropriate file names.

You seem to miss one of the basic concepts about pipelines:

Generate -> Transform -> Serialize
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html#Pipeline+Processi
ng)

You should apply a transformer-step after the directorygenerator,
transforming it's output the the input required by the
ziparchive-serializer.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/xslt-transformer.html

You also need to get some basic knowledge about XSLT:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSLT

Hope this helps to get you on the right track...

Askild
-