cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: JXT or XSP?
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:03:11 GMT
Peter

Do you have experience of using?

I am also wondering the same thing (see the other thread on
"Using JXTemplates\JXForms at the same time).  I have used
XSP up to now (as it was 'all there was' in earlier Cocoon
versions.  I think much of the documentation also reflects that history.

For example: the user menu on the website also reflects this bias
towards XSP:

Sitemap Components
-Generators
-Transformers
-Serializers
-Matchers
-Selectors
-Actions
-Readers

Control Flow
-XSP

No mention here at all  of JXT ;-(

Unfortunately the examples on the Cocoon site, show JXT being
used in a way that remind óne of JSP - emdedding logic in an
HTML web page" - this put me off even learning it all! See:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html#macro

PERSONAL OBSERVATION:
I think that all the examples on the site, where info is generated, should
avoid HTML if at al possible - HTML (or HTML or WML) should only appear
as a result of XSLT step....

>>> beyanet@ntlworld.com 2004/04/30 01:42:41 PM >>>
Hi,
why use(promote) XSP, when JXT and flowscript is a far more powerful
environment to develop in?

Peter

believed to be clean.