cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Link: Project: InvitoCMS - Web based WYSIWYG CMS
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:14:09 GMT
Thanks for all the info Horst; possibly someone who is
German/English speaker may be interested in this project
and look to help support English-speaking Cocoon users as
well; after all, Cocoon is designed to handle internationalisation!

Derek

>>> "Horst Rechner" <Horst@Virtual-Horst.de> 2004/04/19 08:56:34 PM >>>

Hello Derek,

I am one of the programmers still active on the InvitoCMS project, and Robert forwarded me
your e-mail. Unfortunately there was a mixup since Robert did not want his mail to end up
on the cocoon user mailinglist. Anyhow, to answer your questions:

> Competition for Lenya?

We did not think so, when we started development. Since cocoon is a web dev framework, we
thought that the only thing the cocoon community could agree on would be a cms framework,
which never was our goal. Like we found out later (when reading more about it) InvitoCMS seems
like kind of a competition to it.

> For those us whose German
> is rusty to nonexistent, it would be useful to be able
> to view this site in English - for example, I assume

We especially wanted to encurage german developers to the use of cocoon (and our content management
system), so we decided pretty early in the development stages, that the entire code comments
and documentation should be in german. Accepting the fact that this might be problematic to
cocoon users whose German is "rusty to nonexistent".

Please do not interprete this as cutting out the english speakers, but more as trying to give
german developers a port who want to dive into cocoon based cms systems. Since our site will
disect cocoon 2.0 along with our cms (at least that is the plan) this hopefully will have
a positive side effect: adding more developers to the worldwide cocoon community.

> this is an OS project, but under what license?

It is. At the moment: GPL @ Sourceforge. But we want to change the license to the "Bremer
License" which is a specialized version of the GPL tailored towards the german legal system
(and limiting the responsibility for the developers).

Regards, Horst

P.S. I am newly subscribed to the cocoon user mailinglist, and therefore cannot reply to your
mailinglist question with the appropriate backreference (otherwise the thread in the archive
would probably be broken, wouldn't it?). I would appreciate it, if you could forward this
mail as a reply to your question in my name. Thank you.