cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "mtd00065" <daniel.wise...@fh-hagenberg.at>
Subject RE: Xindice in Cocoon
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:24:01 GMT
I'm sorry I can't help with using Xindice in standalone mode. But concerning
embedded mode: Using Cocoon 2.1.4 I can't open the sitemap example neither
(/samples/xmldb/xmount/), getting the same exceptions. The other samples
seem to work though. Have you populated the database before using the "Init"
sample (/samples/xmldb/populate)?

Hope this helps,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nina Juliadotter [mailto:nvjuliad@it.uts.edu.au]
Sent: Freitag, 16. April 2004 02:44
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Xindice in Cocoon

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get Xindice up and running under Cocoon for the last 3
days now without success, is there ANYONE out there who have actually got it
working? I've read all the documentation there is on the Wikis and so forth,
but it really only has made me more confused, as they all seem to refer to
different versions of Cocoon and Xindice and Tomcat, with different tweaks
nessecary. I've got Tomcat 5.0 and Cocoon 2.1.4 happily installed and
running (in Tomcat). I managed to get the 1.0 of Xindice up and running in
command line mode, but not 1.1b4, and I cannot get Cocoon to connect to
Xindice in any way.

Any suggestions as to whether to use the embedded or standalone mode? From
what I understand from the Wikis (e.g.
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XMLIndiceCocoon2.1), the embedded
mode is supposed to just work by itself without tweaks. I havn't got the
samples working:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap:
org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException:
Exception during processing of xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Document
xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap not found

I've also tried to run Xindice in standalone mode, having the Xindice 1.0
running and then adding to the sitemap as suggested in
http://www.cocooncenter.org/cc/documents/resources/xindice/index.html:

<map:match pattern="xmldb/**">
    <map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="xpath">
      <map:generate
        src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/{../1}#{1}"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>
    <map:generate src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/{1}"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

but that does not work at all, it just gives me a "Resource cannot be
found".

I've also played around with deploying Xindice 1.1b4 in Tomcat, but I can't
work out how to get Cocoon to talk to Xindice.

PLEASE, is there anyone who can tell me how to get Cocoon 2.1.4 to work with
Xindice (any version will do!), cocoon being deployed in Tomcat 5.0.

FYI, the other resources I looked at are:

http://xml.apache.org/xindice/faq.html#faq-N100AD
http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/EnvironmentVariables?action=highli
ght&value=xindice.db.home
http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/XindicePort?action=highlight&value
=port
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XindiceLogicsheet
and the book by Moczar and Aston: Cocoon developers handbook

Thanks,
Nina