cocoon-users mailing list archives

From laurent_ror...@marinepower.com
Subject Re: Dynamically changing labels, was Re: Woody + FlowScript : documentation on model
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:52:30 GMT
I resolved the problem by using XSP to generate my form template.

Based on the request or session attributes I can  adapt the template to my
need !

Thx for your comments

Laurent

Bruno Dumon <bruno@outerthought.org>
28/04/2004 20:01
Please respond to users

        To:     users@cocoon.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Dynamically changing labels, was Re: Woody +
FlowScript      :       documentation on model

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 09:49, laurent_rorive@marinepower.com wrote:
> I think that now this is a widget type "output" ?

I always thought of the output widget as the read-only equivalent of a
field widget, and it seemed conceptually incorrect to misuse it as a
label.

>>From a technical point of view, it probably doesn't make much difference
though.

However for labels you often want to use mixed content (e.g. to get
i18n-ized labels). This could be done by making an XmlizalbeDatatype or
something like that. But then it still wouldn't work because then it
needs a convertor, and converters convert to plain strings...

> Bruno Dumon
> <bruno@outerthought.org>
>
> 27/04/2004 18:50
> Please respond to users
>
>         To:
> users@cocoon.apache.org
>         cc:
> Re: Dynamically
> changing labels, was
> Re: Woody + FlowScript
> :        documentation
> on model
>

> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 18:59, Tim Larson wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 06:14:34PM +0200,
> laurent_rorive@marinepower.com wrote:
> > > Dear Tim ,
> > >
> > > I also think about it but my problem is that I'm in an
> international
> > > environment and that I use i18n to provide message
> > > So what I want is changing an <i18n:text key=...>  with the key I
> want.
> > > Is it possible with widget output ?
> >
> > It should be possible using a "messages" widget.  See the comments
> in
> > the flowscript for the "customvalidationdemo" sample form:
> >   cocoon-2.1.4/src/blocks/woody/samples/flow/customvalidationdemo.js

cocoon-2.1.4/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/customvalidationdemo_form.xml

cocoon-2.1.4/src/blocks/woody/samples/forms/customvalidationdemo_template.xml