cocoon-users mailing list archives

From laurent_ror...@marinepower.com
Subject Re: Best Practices for Debugging XML?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:13:16 GMT
Hi,

Just  use cocoon-view !

Define a view  like this.

ex:

 <map:view from-label="aftergenerator" name="aftergenerator">
      <map:serialize type="xml" />
    </map:view>
    <map:view from-label="afterwoody" name="afterwoody">
      <map:serialize type="xml" />
    </map:view>
    <map:view from-label="aftertemplate" name="aftertemplate">
      <map:serialize  />
    </map:view>
    <map:view from-label="afterstyle" name="afterstyle">
      <map:serialize type="text" />
    </map:view>
    <map:view from-label="afteri18n" name="afteri18n">
      <map:serialize type="xml" />
    </map:view>

And in your pipeline in the different elements call them

<map:generate    src=
"context://woody/subscription/forms/entry_template.xml"
label="aftergenerator" />
       <map:transform type="woody" label="afterwoody" />
       <!-- REALLY IMPORTANT : You have to translate the woody field,
validation HERE else this is lost -->
       <map:transform type="translator"  label="afteri18n , search, print"

                 <map:parameter name="locale" value="{locale}" />
        </map:transform>
       <map:transform  src="context://stylesheets/woody-main-styling.xsl"
/>

        <map:serialize />

Hope it can help

Laurent

David Swearingen <l11sa04-cocoon@yahoo.com>
21/04/2004 04:20
Please respond to users

        To:     users@cocoon.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Best Practices for Debugging XML?

Newbie question: what's the best way to view raw xml when debugging
pipelines for web development?  I think my question comes down to these
two points:

1) Should serializers be switched to type="xml" so that I can see raw xml
results in a browser?

2) If so, or, in general, are there some good techniques to allow me to
debug without having to change some portion of the sitemap each time,
i.e., a way to configure the sitemap so that when I request foo.xml
instead of foo.html, I see the raw xml instead?

David