cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Painter-Wakefield <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: AW: HTML-Code from XML-File in XSL
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:07:38 GMT

Ah, you are having an XSL problem.  If you look at what xsl:value-of does,
it turns things into strings.  What you want is to copy the contents, which
can be done many different ways.  In your immediate case, you can do
      <xsl:copy-of select="/someparent/somenode/node()"/>

in place of your value-of, and you should get better results.

-Christopher

|         |           Nils Köster      |
|         |           <nils@lolili.de> |
|         |           04/05/2004 01:30 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       <users@cocoon.apache.org>
                             |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  AW: HTML-Code from XML-File in XSL

Upps,

I tink my question was a little confusing, sorry about that!

I have:
+ xml-file:
<someparent>
  <somenode>
  </somenode>
</someparent>

+ xsl-template
<xsl:value-of select="/someparent/somenode"/>

+ Pipeline:
  1. Generate XML
  2. transform XSL
  3. serialize HTML

My output up to now is:

TEXT TEXT TEXT LINK

I dream of:

Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve this?

Thanx,nils