cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "jim basilakis" <ji...@ee.unsw.edu.au>
Subject RE: Xindice in Cocoon
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:46:27 GMT
Hi there,

I had the same problem when trying the example in the book by Moczar and
Aston...it doesn't seem to work. Cocoon does not seem to be able to resolve
the xmldb URI scheme (src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/"/>) to access
the database and not sure why.

A good reference to work out how to use Xindice with LOTS of good java
examples is "Professional XML Development with Apache Tools" by Theodore W.
Leung and look at the chapter on Xindice. Armed with this you can look at
the source code or instead, like me, just attempt to write an action to make
Cocoon access Xindice.

Hope this helps,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Nina Juliadotter [mailto:nvjuliad@it.uts.edu.au]
Sent: Friday, 16 April 2004 10:44 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Xindice in Cocoon

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get Xindice up and running under Cocoon for the last 3
days now
without success, is there ANYONE out there who have actually got it working?
I've
read all the documentation there is on the Wikis and so forth, but it really
only
has made me more confused, as they all seem to refer to different versions
of Cocoon
and Xindice and Tomcat, with different tweaks nessecary. I've got Tomcat 5.0
and
Cocoon 2.1.4 happily installed and running (in Tomcat). I managed to get the
1.0 of
Xindice up and running in command line mode, but not 1.1b4, and I cannot get
Cocoon
to connect to Xindice in any way.

Any suggestions as to whether to use the embedded or standalone mode? From
what I
understand from the Wikis (e.g.
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XMLIndiceCocoon2.1), the embedded
mode is
supposed to just work by itself without tweaks. I havn't got the samples
working:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap:
org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException:
Exception during processing of xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: Document
xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/cocoon/sitemap not found

I've also tried to run Xindice in standalone mode, having the Xindice 1.0
running
and then adding to the sitemap as suggested in
http://www.cocooncenter.org/cc/documents/resources/xindice/index.html:

<map:match pattern="xmldb/**">
    <map:match type="request-parameter" pattern="xpath">
      <map:generate
        src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/{../1}#{1}"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>
    <map:generate src="xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/{1}"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:match>

but that does not work at all, it just gives me a "Resource cannot be
found".

I've also played around with deploying Xindice 1.1b4 in Tomcat, but I can't
work out
how to get Cocoon to talk to Xindice.

PLEASE, is there anyone who can tell me how to get Cocoon 2.1.4 to work with
Xindice
(any version will do!), cocoon being deployed in Tomcat 5.0.

FYI, the other resources I looked at are:

http://xml.apache.org/xindice/faq.html#faq-N100AD
http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/EnvironmentVariables?action=highli
ght&value=xindice.db.home
http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/XindicePort?action=highlight&value
=port
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XindiceLogicsheet
and the book by Moczar and Aston: Cocoon developers handbook

Thanks,
Nina