cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Grange, John" <john.gra...@bluefinger.com>
Subject XSL Reuse: Including XSL documents in a master xsl document
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:10:56 GMT
Hi,

This question has probably been posed and answered before.  If so, can
somebody point me to where?

I am creating reports (some of which are in pdf) using cocoon as a display
engine.  The reports have to be presented differently based upon user
preference.  I would like to be able to include a document containing the
attribute-sets into my stylesheet which is looked up based on the requesting
user.  The information as to where to find the document can be found in the
document being transformed and I can populate a variable with the url, but I
don't seem to be able to include it into the document, either using
xsp:include or xsp:import.

In addition to this, all reports have an exceptions portion, the xsl of
which I can write once, if I can persuade cocoon to include it into my xsl
file.

I think, if I cannot get xsp:include or xsp:import to work for me, I'm going
to have to write a pipeline which transforms my xsl document, but I'm not
sure how to produce xsl from an xsl transformation.

Help, please....

John Grange
Software Team Leader

Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834922
Email: john.grange@bluefinger.com

BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park, Wookey Hole Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1AF, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0) 1749 834902
Mobile: +44 (0) 7876 038058
web: www.bluefinger.com <http://www.bluefinger.com>

Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple Quay,
BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.

*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee only. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. You should
not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in
error. No binding contract will result from this e-mail until such time as a
written document is signed on behalf of the company. BlueFinger Limited
cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this
message as it has been transmitted over public networks.***