cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Lange" <w...@petit-atelier.ch>
Subject RE: [i18n] Replacing entities with encoded chars
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:42:28 GMT
> On 18.04.2004 09:45, Upayavira wrote:
>
> > But my question is: "I have a file that contains entity references. I
> > want to replace it with direct characters, e.g. in UTF-8. How do I do
> > this?" That is, this question really has nothing to do with Cocoon
> > specifically. I want to change the format of my source files.

This is very basic, but may be of help? The XML Plug-in of jEdit allows to
easily convert XML entity references (&eacute;) to characters. To get it
working: 1) the character entity set must previously have been defined in
the document type definition; 2) you have to select the text you want to
convert.

Sadly this does not convert XML character references (&#233;) to characters.
It works only for entity references.

Kind regards
Olivier