cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Geelen" <stefangee...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can Cron Job Scheduler call .xsp page (2) ?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:13:57 GMT
Hi,

I finally discovered in the testcronjob.java that appareantly you can add a
third parameter to the <component> tag (in the cocoon.xconf file)  :

  <!-- sample definition of cron job -->
  <component class="org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.TestCronJob"
logger="cron.test" role="org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.CronJob/test">
    <msg>I'm here</msg>
    <sleep>0</sleep>
    <pipeline>testcron</pipeline>
  </component>

So I presume that the <pipeline> paramters should point to a pipeline in the
'root' sitemap.xmap, so I added (in the 'root' sitemap.xmap):

   <map:match pattern="testcron">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="testsite/xsp/testcron.xsp"/>
    </map:match>

Starting Tomcat & Cocoon generates following error when the crontask is
executed:

ERROR   (2004-04-08) 18:42.00:113   [cron.test] Unknown-thread/TestCronJob:
error in execution of TestCronJob
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to load sitemap from
file:/C:/Data/test/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/public_html/sitemap.xmap:
java.lang.NullPointerException

So it can not load the 'root' sitemap.xmap (although Cocoon reads this
sitemap when started - so this sitemap does not contain errors).

Appareantly this error is generated at following line in the
TestCronJob.java

        InputStream is = null;
        try {
            is = process(pipeline);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            getLogger().error("in execution of TestCronJob", e);
        }

Anyone any idea ?

Thx

Stefan