cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Jetty returning wrong images
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:34:43 GMT
Hi,

I discovered a weird thing (aka bug?) in Jetty.  I don't know whether
this is the right place to post it, if not, can somebody point me to
the right spot.

This is my setup:
Linux Slackware 9.1 (with swaret to update, so I have the latest
packages)
Ant 1.6.2 (or .1)
Cocoon 2.1.4 (or. 3)
Apache 2.0.48

I use ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to link Apache with Cocoon.
Jetty is running on 8888.  I have several sites running on this server,
all of them are using Cocoon.

I noticed this: I have a website with frames that calles a page called
"menu.html".
This page contains images, like "logo.png".
I see not the correct image from that site, but the image from another
site, also on my server with the same filename.
Thus, Jetty is assuming that the logo.png can be taken from his work
directory and sends me an image from another site.

When I go into /tmp and delete the ___Jetty___ directory and restart,
everything works again.
Problem is that I saw this twice now, and that I can't rely on
something like this.
I need to be sure that the logo of a company is really the logo of that
company  ;-))

I can't show you any screenshots anymore ... This happened on a
production machine, so I immediatly executed the procedure I knew was
working.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel
Implements

Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91

Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76
Markt 18c  -  9700 Oudenaarde  -  Tel: +32 (55) 30 55 76

Web: http://www.implements.be

First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Ghandi.