cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [WOODY] - How to bind a repeater from other widget (or add filled in repeaters from another source )
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:54:10 GMT

On Apr 1, 2004, at 2:41 AM, JD Daniels wrote:

> <...snip>
understood...

> row.description.value =
> document.getOwnerDocument().getTagName("description");
> (This obviously does not work for me :)

How does it not work?

> Heres my flow on AddRow function as it is now:
>
>    model.inventory.onAddRow = function(row) {
>        var uri = "cocoon:/nde-load-InventoryItem?id=" +
> model.inventoryId.value;
>        var resolver =
> cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver
> .ROLE);
>        var source = resolver.resolveURI(uri);
>        var parser =
> cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.DOMParser.ROL
> E);
>        var document =
> parser.parseDocument(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.source.Sourc
> eUtil.getInputSource(source));
>
>        //row.description.value =
> document.getOwnerDocument().getTagName("description");
>    }

Silly question, but the problem isn't that you have that statement
commented out, is it?

If you say

	print (document.getOwnerDocument().getTagName("description"));

...then you should see something in your servlet container's stdout
(log file or whatever).  Is it what you expect?

And if you write this:

	row.description.value = "Foo bar!";

Does that do the expected thing?

~ml