cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jacques couzteau <li...@bitfaeule.net>
Subject Re: [genuine] Re: essential reading
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:58:14 GMT
 From what i understand (without having read any of it, of course ) the
book by Jeni Tenninson is not my choice of book because i'm lazy. I
mean lazy as in "lazy evaluation": I only read what i need to solve my
problem.

If there are related things that are not essential for solving my
problem I'm not going to read them until i need to.

That's why i liked the Perl Cookbook because it provides solutions for
problem that i have. At the same the solutions are better or at least
different than what i would have come up with if i were an
exitentialist  (not sure if this the right term, i mean descartes) who
thinks about a problem until i come up with a solution on my own.

I like to profit from the fact that i most likely am not the first to
have that problem, so most likely there is someone who already
understood the problem better and therefore has solved it in better,
more universal, or more aesthetic way. If i'm lucky i find it. I found
that very true for a lot of the examples in the Perl Cookbook. It
helped me to good style, find my own style and boosts my productivity.

Of course thee has to be up to date concerning stable production.

agallardo@agssa.net wrote:
> But if he is looking for the best of the best for Db applications, I
> recomend CForms+Flow+OJB

what does that mean?

I would like to point out that your comments are very valuable to me.

cheeerz

jacques