cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joel Reungoat <jreung...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject ressource reader bug with IE (linked to caching)
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:04:46 GMT
Hello users,

I'm trying to access DOC or PDF files using the ressource reader component
as described in the sitemap below and get the following error only under
Microsoft IE :

Internet Explorer cannot download test.doc from localhost
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested
site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

This message also only appears at the first attempt. It seems that at first
attempt, the file has been prepared in the cache. So, if  I refresh the
page a second time from IE, I get and open correctly my document under Word
(or Acrobat if pdf).

When using Mozilla navigator, there is no problem at first attempt.
Also, if a first attempt is made from Mozilla, then the first attempt from
IE is working.
So it seems that Cocoon caching is implicated.
I made a test in the sitemap by forcing "noncaching" for the pipeline. And
then, I can not access at all to my document.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem ?

My cocoon version : 2.1.4
My IE version : 5.5 (probably problems also with 6.0)
IE configaration for caching page : "automatic" (other choice produces same
problem)
Other links I found without answers :
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg07949.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg04959.html

Here is my sitemap :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
<map:pipelines>
   <map:pipeline type="caching">         <!--   With caching, the problem
occurs only at the first read -->
<!-- <map:pipeline type="noncaching">   Without caching, the problem occurs
at each attempt -->
         <map:match pattern="**.doc">
         <map:read src="{1}.doc" mime-type="application/msword"/>
       </map:match>
       <map:match pattern="**.pdf">
         <map:read src="{1}.pdf" mime-type="application/pdf"/>
       </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>
</map:sitemap>