cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Majcen, Kurt" <kurt.maj...@joanneum.at>
Subject AW: Best Practices for Debugging XML?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:32:38 GMT
Hi,

which version of cocoon? - for 2.0.3 you could try http://outerthought.net/captor.html which
proves rather practical if you have a couple of subsequential transformations and you want
to view the intermediate results.

Regards
Kurt

	-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
	Von: David Swearingen [mailto:l11sa04-cocoon@yahoo.com]
	Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. April 2004 04:21
	An: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Betreff: Best Practices for Debugging XML?

	Newbie question: what's the best way to view raw xml when debugging pipelines for web development?
 I think my question comes down to these two points:

	1) Should serializers be switched to type="xml" so that I can see raw xml results in a browser?

	2) If so, or, in general, are there some good techniques to allow me to debug without having
to change some portion of the sitemap each time, i.e., a way to configure the sitemap so that
when I request foo.xml instead of foo.html, I see the raw xml instead?

	David