cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nina Juliadotter" <nvjul...@it.uts.edu.au>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b4 (dev-sorry), Cocoon 2.1.4 (dev - sorry), Tomcat5.019
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:22:43 GMT
I edited catalina.bat (that's the one getting executed in Windows, isn't it?) so the
the bottom half now looks like

rem Execute Java with the applicable properties
if not "%JPDA%" == "" goto doJpda
if not "%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" == "" goto doSecurity
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
-Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
%CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath
"%CLASSPATH%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doSecurity
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
-Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
%CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath
"%CLASSPATH%" -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%"
-Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS%
%CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doJpda
if not "%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" == "" goto doSecurityJpda
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
-Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
%CATALINA_OPTS% -Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=%JPDA_TRANSPORT%,address=%JPDA_ADDRESS%,server=y,suspend=n
%DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%"
-Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end
:doSecurityJpda
%_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
-Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
%CATALINA_OPTS%
-Xrunjdwp:transport=%JPDA_TRANSPORT%,address=%JPDA_ADDRESS%,server=y,suspend=n
%DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%"
-Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%"
-Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
goto end

:end

A bit hard to read maybe, but all I did was replacing the %JAVA_OPTS" with
%JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
-Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"

is this correct?

When I now start the server, it only opens up the tomcat window for a second and
then closes it again, and hence doesn't start it up at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Nina

Cheers,
Nina