cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JSP Generator question
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:43:59 GMT
On 29.04.2004 21:29, Eddy Fras wrote:

>>>Is it possible to avoid a JSP page to be reloaded and recompiled using
>
> the
>
>>>JSPGenerator in Cocoon when the file has been changed on filesystem ?
>>
>>Don't you mean "until the file has been changed on filesystem"?
>

> No, I'd like to completely avoid having the JSPGenerator checking if the jsp
> file has changed.
> So, even if the file has been changed on filesystem, I would like to have
> the jsp not recompiled.

Hmm, ok, but what exactly is the use case?

> So I could write my own JSPGenerator, just adding the
> CacheableProcessingComponent interface implementation and that would be
> enough ?

Yes, just extend the existing one. But unlike the FileGenerator in
getValidity() you must not return the validity of the inputsource (which
is normally the lastmodified value), but the "always valid validity":
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/source/impl/validity/NOPValidity.java

Joerg