cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz_n...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Removing non-xhtml tags from a string ???
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:47:04 GMT

> The empty string points probably to a thrown exception, doesn't it?
> Maybe you should first look for jTidy options for getting the error
> message to see, ignoring errors or even remove unknown tags.
>
> On a first sight at http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ I found an
> option "word-2000: bool" for ignoring Word 2000 markup. But of course
> this does not necessarily mean that jTidy supports it too.

Yes, there is a method Parser.word2000(boolean), but it _ignores_, so
passes these tags through, and so I have unbound prefix "o" in my xhtml.
This results in errors while building xml later on.

I found a TagSoap project, which fixes input to XML only. It doesn't
tidy HTML, but in my case it seems to suit more.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski