cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is CForm ready for production env. ?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:29:23 GMT
Peter Lerche wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am in a pickle,
>
>60 days ago our company migrated from XMLform to Woody (v2) with success.
>However now we run into problems regarding validation/datatype convertion.
>I suspect that all development efforts are consentrated on CForm and Woody is
>left behind as happend with XMLform.
>
>Therefore is CForm ready for a production  environment ? If yes, which version
>of cocoon should we use ?
>
>We are currently running 2.1.4-dist
>
>Any advice/oppinion will be appreciated

Peter,

You seem to imply that Woody and CForms are in some way different things.

CForms is merely a renamed Woody. To convert, you can use the conversion
script.

Now, having said that, I get the impression that there are quite a few
people using Woody or CForms in a production environment, with success.

However, CForms (and Woody) are considered as yet unstable, in that,
during continued development, it might change in incompatible ways.

Therefore, I would say that if you want/need to use Woody/CForms, use
the releases as they come out, bearing in mind that you may need to do
some refactoring of your site to make it work with the new version.
Then, if there are any specific problems that require changes to CForms,
you can upgrade to a version from CVS that has your fix in it.

That would seem like a sensible way to go.

How does that sound?

Regards, Upayavira