cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: &#13; in textarea?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:50:23 GMT
On 23.04.2004 16:45, Stephan Coboos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> im saving text coming from a textarea in a MySQL database using Java and
> Flowscript. All linebreaks will be replaced by \r\n.
>
> After reading this text from the database and displaying it in the
> textarea using a JXTemplate I got 2 linebreaks in the html source:
> 1. a new line
> 2.  a entity &#13;
>
> Why? Any idea? What is &#13;? I do not need &#13; ;-) How can I skip the
> output of this entity?

Yes, it's a well-known featureof Xalan IIRC. For entity questions you
can easily look at unicode.org and find out that &#13; or &#x0c; is the
carriage return.

If you touch all line breaks as you wrote in the 2nd sentence, you can
also remove the carriage there. Otherwise just drop &#13; in a stylesheet:

<xsl:value-of select="translate(text(), '&#13;', '')"/>

Joerg