cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leon Widdershoven <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Generating XML - Design decisions
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:01:06 GMT
You could try an Object/Relational bridge, like OJB or Hibernate,
and combine it with Flowscript.
You can use the JX generator to write bean information in the pages
dynamically (using, of course, flowscript and cocoon.sendPage)

There are tutorials and introductions on  the WIKI on that subject.

It is, of course, strongly recommended that you have some knowledge
about java if you're going to build a O/R bridge. But not that much.

Javascript (flowscript) is, as I understand, at present the recommended
way to write apps. It is also not hard to learn and Java classes
containing business logic can be called from withing the Javascript
interpreter (Mozilla Rhino).

OJB and Hibertnate do require some investment in time to get to know it.
I think a day full time playing is not too much, and will give you a
feeling for it.

Please visit the cocoon wiki and look at the howto's for more info.

Hope that helped a bit.

Leon