cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to make the command prompt reapeear after cocoon start?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:38:08 GMT
yangontha Maung wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using cocoon 2.1.4 on Red Hat Linux Server using
>Tomcat 4.0.17.

You're not using Tomcat, you're using the Jetty built into Cocoon.

This built in Jetty is intended for testing/evaluation, not for deployment.

If you want to start this version in the background, while learning, try
just adding a & to the end of the command:

./cocoon.sh servlet &

You'll still get the stuff going to the screen, but you'll get your
command prompt back.

Or:
./cocoon.sh servlet > cocoon.log &

so that the screen stuff goes to a log file.

Then, to see the contents of the log file, do:

tail -f cocoon.log

CTRL_C will get you out of that.

This is all Unix stuff really.

When you come to deploy your site, you're going to have to work out how
to deploy Cocoon within a proper servlet container, either Tomcat, or
the full Jetty distribution.

Regards, Upayavira