cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: document() function and catalog
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:03:26 GMT
On 19.04.2004 08:23, David Leangen wrote:
> Hello, fellow Cocoon enthusiasts!
>
> I am trying to use the document() function to "import" some data from an
> external XML file.
>
> I.e.: <xsl:value-of select="document('somefile.xml')/somenode"/>
>
> At the same time, I am using the catalog to resolve the DTD. However, I
> noticed that when using the document() function, the catalog resolver isn't
> used,

That's true, the document() function does not use the catalogue resolver.

> so I actually have to hard code the location of the DTD directly into
> somefile.xml.

But I do not understand how this should be related. You wrote above you
are already "using the catalog to resolve the DTD". Why you are forced
to hard code the path to the DTD?

> I.e.:
>
> <!DOCTYPE somenode PUBLIC "-//Some DTD//EN"
>     "some/hardcoded/path/somedtd.dtd">
>
> This isn't good...
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this by design?

Not that long ago someone else suggested to support the catalogues in
the document function, but it was not implemented since then. I know
that Ant supports it. Maybe someone has only to provide a patch :)

Joerg