cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Generic Table printout for Oracle ORDBMS
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:19:14 GMT
Frank Thilo Mueller wrote:
> Dear Christian,
>
> thank you very much for your answer. I already had tried both ways
> before but I couldnt reach the result I am heading at.
>
> Im using the esql example to print out table column name number i.
>

>><esql:get-column-name>
>>   <esql:param name="column"><xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr></esql:param>
>></esql:get-column-name>
>

> If I replace this i with a 1, everything is fine. If I define int 1=1
> outside of the <content> then it gives me an error:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
> esql_xsp: ERROR 1
> (org\apache\cocoon\www\samples\databases\xsp\esql_xsp.java): ... default:
> this.characters("\n "); // start error (lines 588-588) "String literal is
> not properly closed by a double-quote"
> XSPObjectHelper.xspExpr(contentHandler,
> _esql_query.getResultSet().getMetaData().getColumnName(" // end error i
> ")); this.characters("\n\n\t"); ... Line 588, column 0: String literal is
> not properly closed by a double-quote
>
> Which says nearly nothing to me.

It boils down to Leon's advice to remove whitespace. Note that I wrote
   <esql:param name="column"><xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr></esql:param>
while you write
   <esql:param name="column">
	<xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr>
   </esql:param>
The key is that the macro needs to determine whether it's a string or a
number to deal with. A string would translate to a column name while a
number would translate to a - well - column number.

The whitespace causes it to be considered as column name.

BTW Leon's other advice to use xsp:attriubte does not work since it
targets the SAX stream while you need to pass it to a logicsheet.

	Chris.