cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leon Widdershoven <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b4 (dev-sorry), Cocoon 2.1.4 (dev - sorry), Tomcat5.019
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:01:43 GMT
JAVA_OPTS is a shell variable.

It may also be my fault that this went wrong, but what you want to do is
change the variable on top of the file so that the next reading of that
variable yields something with -Dxindice.configuration

I have reviewed the syntax and I think what you should have done (and I was
wrong there) is setting the var with the set command (but still only on top
of the file:
set JAVA_OPTS="%JAVA_OPTS -Dxindice.configuration=/path/to/config"

All the accesses below that point will have a JAVA_OPTS that includes
the new -D thing.

And you may want to review your tomcat/logs/catalina.out for more
information.

Leon

Nina Juliadotter wrote:
> [...]
> goto end
> :doSecurity
> %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
> -Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
> %CATALINA_OPTS% %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath
> "%CLASSPATH%" -Djava.security.manager
> -Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%"
> -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS%
> %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
> goto end
> :doJpda
> if not "%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%" == "" goto doSecurityJpda
> %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
> -Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
> %CATALINA_OPTS% -Xdebug
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=%JPDA_TRANSPORT%,address=%JPDA_ADDRESS%,server=y,suspend=n
> %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%"
> -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
> -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
> goto end
> :doSecurityJpda
> %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
> -Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
> %CATALINA_OPTS%
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=%JPDA_TRANSPORT%,address=%JPDA_ADDRESS%,server=y,suspend=n
> %DEBUG_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%"
> -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=="%SECURITY_POLICY_FILE%"
> -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_BASE%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
> -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_TMPDIR%" %MAINCLASS% %CMD_LINE_ARGS% %ACTION%
> goto end
>
> :end
>
> A bit hard to read maybe, but all I did was replacing the %JAVA_OPTS" with
> %JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS%
> -Dxindice.configuration=%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\xindice\WEB-INF\system.xml"
>
> is this correct?
>
> When I now start the server, it only opens up the tomcat window for a second and
> then closes it again, and hence doesn't start it up at all. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks, Nina
>

>>edit catalina.sh in Notepad or something
>>
>>On unix:
>>Add a line:
>>JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dxindice.configuration=path/to/system.xml"
>>
>>on top of the file (below the comments or something).
>>
>>That makes catalina call java like:
>>java -Dxindice.configuration <stuff>
>>
>>on windows something like:
>>%JAVA_OPTS%="%JAVA_OPTS% -Dxindice.configuration=/path/to/system.xml"
>>
>>Leon
>>
>>Nina Juliadotter wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you so much for your extensive and step-by-step reply.
>>>
>>>Scroll down to read on...

>>>I'm up to here now, but have some troubles with Windows 2000 and permissions.
When