cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Offline page generation without link crawling
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:23:17 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 15.04.2004 12:17, Markus Strickler wrote:
>
>> Hi-
>>
>> I'm trying to use Cocoon to generate a static website. After some
>> twaeking
>> and reading through the list archives I was able to get the cli and
>> ant task
>> to work. However all the examples I could find either specify only
>> single
>> URIs or use link crawling with a starting URI.
>> What I would like to do is just specify a directory and then recourse
>> through all subdirectories to process the xml files inside. Is this
>> possible? Has someone already done this?
>

> It works URI-based, not directory-based. If your URIs map to
> directories, you can use the directory generator to create a link
> crawling starting document on the fly.

That would work, but it would also then crawl all pages, not just the
directory generator page. You might be able to prevent further crawling
with <include> or <exclude>, but I don't know.

Let me know if this is enough to meet your needs - maybe there's some
more functionality required here.

Regards, Upayavira