cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Trying to get a selectionlist label into a binding
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:17:37 GMT
On 14.04.2004 20:18, Nacho Jimenez wrote:

> Hello all,
>      I've got a (woody) form with lots of widgets. One of them is a
> selection list that let's you choose a user, with the full name as label
> and the login name as value of the selection list.
>      I'm binding the form into an xml file, and would like to bind this
> information to:
>      <user id="natz">Nacho Jimenez de Luis</user>
>
>    The only idea that springs to my mind is to use a <wb:javascript>
> bindng and on the on-save option, access the widget directly, but i
> don't know wehre to get the selection's label from, not the widget's label.
>
>    I'm out of ideas here, can someone point the right way?

To clear up the picture:

You have a form defined with a field widget and a selection list.

You want to fill the selection list with an XML.

Now the questions: Is it necessary to fill the selection list from the
binding? There are other possibilities, e.g.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms/form1.xml?annotate=1.3#64

for doing it with a static XML file or
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms/carselector_form.xml?annotate=1.2#26
for doing it with a dynamic file.

Another question is where you want to store the value at the end.

And if you still want to do it via binding, like I did it, but with
beans and not for XML, have a look at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyBinding and search for
wb:javascript there.

Joerg