cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Garrick Dasbach <Garr...@musicrebellion.com>
Subject Including Fragments
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:08:13 GMT
Hi,

We are currently migrating our website from a pure JSP environment to
Cocoon and have run into a problem.

The majority of our webpages have a header and footer, both of which are
fragments of xhtml documents, that we would like to include on each
page.  We have tried using the CInclude transformer to include these
elements, but cocoon seems to be upset that the files are not well
formed (see error message below).
/
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
file:/static/headerTest.html:6:1:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML
document structures must start and end within the same entity.

/We have also tried the XInclude transformer without success.  Is there
a way to include fragments of XHTML/XML documents in larger documents to
create one well-formed document?

I have included some sample code below.

*file:/static/test.html*

/<html xmlns:c="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
   <c:include src="static/headerTest.html"/>
   <b>The Body</b>
   <c:include src="static/footerTest.html"/>

*file:/static/headerTest.html*

/<body>

/*file:/static/footerTest.html*

/         </td>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Garrick Dasbach

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this transmission is private, confidential, may
be legally privileged, is property of the sender and is intended solely for the use of the
addressee.  If you are not the addressee, you should not read, disclose, distribute, copy,
use or rely upon the information contained in this transmission.  If you have received this
transmission in error please delete or destroy it and notify DIGONEX TECHNOLOGIES, INC. immediately
at (317) 638-4154.