cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon forms - XML binding serialisation loses namespace
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:55:24 GMT

Simon Collins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When using Cocoon forms I've noticed that when writing out the form
> contents to an XML file (via the form.save(document) method), the root
> namespace declaration does not get written out.
>
> I saw this first in an application I'm writing but then verified that it
> also occurs in the Forms GUI sample. For example this is a snippet of the
> output from that sample (form_model_gui_data-result.xml):
>
> <!-- license etc removed before here -->
> <fd:form>
>   <fd:widgets>
>     <fd:action id="samp-action"><fd:label>Sample
>     Action</fd:label></fd:action>
>        <fd:aggregatefield id="samp-aggregatefield"><fd:label>Sample
>        AggregateField</fd:label><fd:widgets>
>        <fd:field id="samp-aggregate-field-1"
>        required="true"><fd:label>Sample Aggregate Field
>        1</fd:label></fd:field>
>        <fd:field id="samp-aggregate-field-2"
>        required="true"><fd:label>Sample Aggregate Field
>        2</fd:label></fd:field>
>     </fd:widgets></fd:aggregatefield>
>
> <!-- stuff in between deleted -->
> </fd:form>
>
> The namespace definition for prefix "fd" is not written out. I suspect
> that this omission occurs when saving the form model to the DOM doc

I find that hard to imagine, but I'ld have to agree that suspecting the
serialization is even weirder :-)

> rather than when serialising the DOM doc to file but I could be wrong.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running the nightly build of 2.1
> from 6/4/04 on JDK1.4.2_04b05 under Tomcat 4.1.27

Simon,
I just tested the gui sample and result but cannot see what you are
refering to (I'm on the shipped jetty/w2k/jdk1.4.2_04)

maybe there is a special case under which things occur, could you
double-check, and describe your testprocedure?

I tried to create the same structure you pasted in the mail
In the result there are a lot of dangling new-lines in the file (I
suspect them to come from old text-nodes), but the comment as well as
the root node and it's namespace declarations fd and i18n were preserved
correctly.

> Apart from this minor issue the form stuff is excellent - saving me a lot
> of time and effort so congratulations to all involved in it.

thx chap, we're planning to make it even better,
so stay tuned and keep your comments coming!

-marc=