cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: CForms(woody) ad hibernate design advice needed
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:17:50 GMT

Joel McConaughy wrote:

> I need to develop a large number of database maintenance pages with
> create/read/update/delete functionality (e.g. users, items, regions,
> etc.).  Repeater widgets and actions provide an easy way to display
> multiple rows and edit them in place.  However, it seems like the only
> simple way to update a database is to delete every row and then
> re-insert the contents of the repeater.  This unfortunately doesn't
> scale with large results sets.  Is there a better way?  Thanks in advance.

the issue has been reported, and a redesign of repeater-binding is 'in
progress'

for discussions see:

and partly (near the end of the thread:)

in the mean time the way out is creating a custom-binding (another
recent addition, you will need cvs-head for this)
see docs over at:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyBinding

if you have time to spare: we welcome your ideas/samples/use cases into
the discussion

HTH,
-marc=