cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leon Widdershoven <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: How build minimal cocoon version for portal environment???
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:33:32 GMT
I can understand the question. I also had the same feeling, especially
when reading
the default configuration. It is not so much complex as very large.

I think the trick is to - indeed - read the INSTALL file. I'm not quite sure
whether all references are fully stated in the local.blocks.properties
(I got a
compile error though I thought I did it right), but if you get it compiled
you have a go.

You don't need hsqldb. It's used in the examples which you don't use.

I can recommend an XML targetted editor for the config files (web.xml
and cocoon.xconf); pollo might be a good choice (found on sourceforge).

I personally don't really use it that much, but it's perfect to get an
overview
over the huge files and delete those parts you don't want. Don't forget
to back up:)

Leon