cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leon Widdershoven <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: AW: How to obtain the Manager, or a Component
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:08:55 GMT
Thanks,

it sounds pretty complicated. though, especially the configuration of
cocoon.xconf.
I have a problem declaring app specific data in the global context; it is
unclean.
I *was* hoping for a Cocoon.getInstance() or ServiceManager.getInstance()
like construct. Alas.

I think I just use both standard java.sql libraries for testing and
let my flowscript cocoon.getComponent( dbname ) pass the datasource to
my objects for real - so much simpler.

The point is that implementing a change in cocoon.xconf requires that
cocoon be restarted - which would bring all other applications off-line.
Not a problem for the development version but a huge problem for the
deployment server.

In any case, thanks for the quick and clear response.

Regards,
Leon