cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ray Allis <rayal...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: CForms: how to retain htmlarea structure within a larger XML document
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:18:30 GMT
Sorry I am so obtuse.  I meant htmlarea, not htmlform.

I just want to do what NewsML does, i.e. have XHTML embedded
in a larger XML document.  Like so:
--
                    </Characteristics>
                    <DataContent>
                            <head>
                                <title/>
                            </head>
- A Palestinian gunman  fired at Jewish settlers and pilgrims in the
West Bank city of  Hebron on Monday during Jewish Sukkoth holiday
celebrations,  wounding at least four people, rescue workers said.</p>
the Patriarchs, a  shrine revered by Moslems and Jews.</p>
Hebron, where some 400  settlers live in heavily guarded enclaves, for
the holiday that  commemorates the wanderings of the biblical Israelites
in the  Sinai desert after exodus from slavery in Egypt.</p>
people wounded in the  attack was in extremely critical condition. </p>
through Hebron's narrow  alleyways after firing at a group of Israelis.</p>
drawn violent  retaliation by settlers in Hebron, regarded as some of
the most  militant in the West Bank.    </p>
                    </DataContent>
                </ContentItem>
            </NewsComponent>
        </NewsComponent>
    </NewsItem>
</NewsML>
--------
... and I want to create, edit, delete these documents in xindice with
cforms, flow and binding.
Probably fairly straightforward, if I weren't a newbie.  :-)

I have most of it working, except the <html> element keeps turning into
a string, and I do not
understand how to treat it as an XML fragment.

Ray Allis.