cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem in map:read version 2.1.4
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:11:59 GMT
CLEMENTE,GRAZIA (HP-Italy,ex1) wrote:

> Thanks for your response!
>
> Can you suggest me, please, one of the alternative way supported by cocoon
> protocol to read cocoon:/ pipelines with a serialized output?

Well, first of all you have to explain me why you'd want to do that. :-)

Serialized output is, by definition, not guaranteed to be XML anymore:
imagine that you're trying to read something that ends with a fo2pdf
serializer, you would be injecting PDF inside context that expect SAX
events. So, this is a no-no, there is no way (on purpose) to do that.

But what, from your sitemap, seems to me that you want to achieve is
"aliasing" a resource: what gets generated via the match "wifi/internal"
should be the same result you get when you ask for "wifi/prova". There
are a number of ways of doing it: the cleanest one to me would be using
the regexp matcher so that both resources are handled by the same pipeline:

<map:match type="regexp" pattern="wifi/(prova|internal)">

Second option is redirect:

<map:match pattern="wifi/prova">
     <map:redirect-to uri="wifi/internal/>

A third option is using resources (even though they weren't exactly
designed to do that, so we're entering the hacky way):

<map:resource name="bla">
    [generate/transform/serialize]
</map:resource>

[...]

<map:match pattern="wifi/prova">
     <map:call resource="bla"/>

<map:match pattern="wifi/internal">
     <map:call resource="bla"/>

... not to mention the hackiest way ever:

<map:match pattern="wifi/prova">
     <map:read src="http://localhost:8888/wifi/internal"/>

(but don't quote me on this one :-))

If this is not enough, well, I guess I'll need some more background on
what you're trying to achieve and why.

HTH,

--
Gianugo Rabellino