cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Irving Salisbury III <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: "Different" SQL Transformer implementation
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:10:50 GMT
It is not a superset of the existing SQLTransformer.  We tried to
implement as many features of the existing one as possible, but really
focused on the features we needed at the time.  Also, it would not be
backwards compatible, as the XML driving it is different.  So, I don't
think it could replace it, it would probably make sense to have this be
an additional transformer.

We have many examples of how to use it, but a lot of them are fairly
customer specific.  So, I could send some of them to you, but would flag
the ones that you cannot share.  (Maybe you could just change the table
names or something like that)  I do have a small project we worked on
that I could share the code for that.

I assume the next steps would be for us to zip up the code and the
examples and send them along?  Does that sound like a plan?  Also, I
assume I would just send them directly to you instead of hitting the
whole list with them.

Let me know how you'd like me to proceed.

Irv