cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [WOODY] - How to bind a repeater from other widget (or add filled in repeaters from another source )
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:34:31 GMT
On 01.04.2004 19:24, JD Daniels wrote:

>>>        //row.description.value =
>>> document.getOwnerDocument().getTagName("description");
>>

>> What part of it exactly returns null? With document you are already at
>> the document root, no need to call getOwnerDocument(). And you must go
>> to <item> first, before selecting description. And what is getTagName()?
>>
> Sorry.. The full Line is:
> org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException:
> "file:/usr/tomcat/hosts/components/ROOT/modules/inventory/flow/inventory.js",
> line 138: Cannot convert null to an object.

Unfortunately those error messages are not very expressive. But let's go
on with the below which has no "NPE"s.

> getTagName()?? No Idea. found it hopping thru Java Docs in an attempt to
> throw something at it that would work.
>
> I am dom Illiterate :)

I'm using http://xulplanet.com/references/elemref/ref_Node.html for DOM
questions. Good overview.

>        row.description.value =document.getFirstChild().getLastChild();
> Results in [ #text ]

I didn't expect to be already on a text node. What's the result of
document.getFirstChild().getLastChild().nodeValue or
document.getFirstChild().nodeName ?

Joerg