cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Distributed Cocoon Collab Environment
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:07:22 GMT
Hi:

Our development environment looks is:

The server configured with Tomcat 5.0.19 and 4 cocoon webapp inside + 1
full Cocoon install + samples for reference. You can look at it as 5
cocoon applications running on the same server.

Since the applications uses diferents blocks, each one has a particular
custom build.

The workstations are using NFS to share the tomcat instalation. Developers
has access to the webapp dir and work directly inside the webapp dir on
Tomcat installation.

We also use a simple script to allow us to restart tomcat as the user that
run tomcat. This is useful if we need to redeploy a jar file.

As each application has his own log, every developer can see what happen
inside the application.

At the end of the day we make backups (cca. 200 MB) on CD-RW.

Of course another approach can be using the <Context> in server.xml to
define another places to deploy the applications.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo