cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kannan V" <kan...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic , individual xsl generation
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:26:55 GMT
Dear Joerg,
Thanks  for the reply.

>>What's the input, what is"complex", where is the data stored and so on

         Input is in the form of xml which is generated at run time whose structure
is known.We have around 300 forms with different layouts. Part of a report will be in 2 column
layout and the next part can be in 3 column layout. We only need a solution for print ready
pdf reports since the input from is in html. ( We have already haveclasses to generate xml
from the input data ).
       Now we are keeping separate style sheets for each report with some namingconventions
and link them at run time wth the xml string to produce pdf using FOP APIs. We are looking
a way to avoid keeping individual style sheets
for each and every report.What we have in mind is to have a Database Schema to store the xsl
fo layout information and wirte Java Classes which will glue the pieces together. Is there
a much elegant way to do this thing using coccoon and few style sheets ? Some reports are
very complex and i am now in a search to find a DB schema to store the layout information
. Can you guide me to some links or resouces regarding this issue ?

Expecting your reply,

thanks and regards,
-- Kannan