cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Distributed Cocoon Collab Environment
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:47:06 GMT
Hi all,

I really love cocoon, but find it cumbersome to install and configure a web server,etc. for
each machine I work with.  I have looked into Apache Gump, but it won't address minor changes
as development progresses throughout the day...only "patches" to the main CVS tree.  I want
to have one server environment to test code.  The environment would support multiple workspaces
so the incremental changes by different users won't conflict.  Somehow Cocoon (?) could differentiate
a request from me and another developer when one of us logs in to see how the changes affect
the app.  Does anyone have any experience or suggestion for setting up this kind of "development"
environment?  I imagine some web-app/asp environments have this kind of ability for differentiating
users in order to access custom pages/data-sources within the "standard" web-app.

Much Obliged,
Julian