cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Timur Izhbulatov <...@yxo.ru>
Subject Re: From based wizard
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:26:34 GMT
Upayavira писал(а):

> Timur Izhbulatov wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>> I develop a simple client management application but I'm pretty new to
>> all this cocoon and java stuff.
>> My task in hand is to create a step-by-step wizard for registering
>> clients. I took a look at cocoon samples but still can't realize which
>> way to chose.
>> Requirments and conditions:
>> - To add a client the user have to fill and submit a form (or series of
>> forms)
>> - The form encoding should be UTF-8 'cause it has to deal with
>> non-english data (names, titles etc.) so I use the folowing serializer:
>>         </map:serializer>
>>         <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.html"
>> mime-type="text/html" name="html" pool-grow="4" pool-max="32"
>> pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
>>         <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
>>             Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
>>
>> <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd</doctype-system>
>>         <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>>         </map:serializer>
>> - The data are kept in xindice-embed:///db/caclient/ collection. Each
>> resource in the collection represents a single client.
>> I have working database browsing at the moment but I have to add each
>> resource by hand.
>> Any advice would very appreciated!
>
> One pointer - the XMLDBSource is 'Modifiable', which means that it can be
> written to. Therefore, if you look at the CForms binding code in the
> CForms samples, you can actually bind a CForms form to a document within
> Xindice. This should make writing a forms site that stores its data in
> Xindice pretty easy - just replace the file URL with an XMLDB one.

Thanks a lot! I just realized that CForms is just a new name for woody =)

It's no wonder that I can't find any useful mention of it on apache.org.

So should I refer to woody docs/samples? I'm running cocoon 2.1.4 and it has
woody samples but no CForms ones.

P.S. Woody is marked as unstable and therefore it's somehow confusing

Timur