cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Collins" <scoll...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Cocoon forms - XML binding serialisation loses namespace
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 22:34:00 GMT
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your help.

I started a new thread on this earlier under the title "DOMStreamer
namespace problems", as I managed to track the problem down further and
find a workaround. Sorry for any confusion if you missed it .. I should
have kept the same title :(

Basically on my setup, before I serialise the document I need to stick in
a call to turn off the namespace normalisation on the DOMStreamer so that
it doesnt use the NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer inner class but instead
uses DefaultDOMStreamer. If I do that then everything works dandy and I
get my namespace declaration. So it appears it is something to do with
the serialization which is odd.

The weird thing was that put a lot of debug printouts into
NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer and it seemed to be spitting out all the
right SAX events.

I'll try running it under Jetty and see if it makes a difference. That
would give me pretty much the same setup as you apart from the OS (I'm on
NT4). I have a funny feeling it's going to be one of those nasty XML
library issues so I'll check what I've got hanging around in my Tomcat
endorsed directory as well.

I'll also stick the log transformer in the way and see what light that
sheds.

My test procedure was just going to the GUI form example via the menus,
submitting the form without making any modifications and then looking at
the result XML file and comparing it to the input file.

cheers,

Simon