cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Yves Vindevogel <yves.vindevo...@implements.be>
Subject Re: Follow Up: Curious Encoding Problems (OS X) and Strange Solutio
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:43:56 GMT
I have no idea ... ;-)
Basically, my problem was solved with a workaround, as described.

I created my database (again) with the latin1 encoding.
When I ask my data with dburl  ...?charSet=UTF8, I now get the correct
stuff back
I only got this to work with the jdbc2 driver from 7.2 (postgresql)

I have it working, but I have no clue why.
Anyway, I saw some more mails from the sqltransformer (using byte[] as
return)

I still think this is a bug ....
Just don't know where ;)

On 08 Apr 2004, at 00:33, Alexander Schatten wrote:

> *Brief Introduction*
>
> There was an extensive discussion about (form) encoding problems using
> Cocoon/Jetty/mysql or PostgreSQL, particularly under OS X, obviously
> mainly Yves Vindevogel and myself had these problems.
>
> My application is and was running perfectly on Linux with the same
> configuration, but destroyed all Umlauts after form send on OS X.
>
> I tried all confiduration steps I could find in any FAQ or recommended
> by other users in this list; As a matter of fact, the problem
> persisted up to now.
>
> Now I did another web-search including Jetty with the keywords and
> found some tip in a Yahoo group I have not seen before:
>

> *Solution*
>
> the Yahoo groups message suggests to use the following:
>
> <form action=... method='post' accept-charset='iso-8859-1'>
>

> and in fact: this works!! now the german Umlauts are entered into the
> database correctly!!
>

> has anyone uses this or has an idea, why this is required on OS X but
> not on Linux?
>

> Alex

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bien à vous,
Kind regards,

Yves Vindevogel
Implements

Mail: yves.vindevogel@implements.be  - Mobile: +32 (478) 80 82 91

Kempische Steenweg 206 - 3500 Hasselt - Tel-Fax: +32 (11) 43 55 76
Markt 18c  -  9700 Oudenaarde  -  Tel: +32 (55) 30 55 76

Web: http://www.implements.be

First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.  Then they fight you.
Then you win.
Mahatma Ghandi.