cocoon-users mailing list archives

From beyaNet Consultancy <beya...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: JXT or XSP?
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:15:10 GMT
Derek,
I initially, like i'm sure everyone else, started using XSP as that
seemed to be all there was. Then I discovered JXT and flowscript! What
can I say... I changed all of my XSP over to JXT, which made the code a
lot easier and lighter. XSP seems to be very convoluted for example in
the way in which you pass parameters into and out of it! The benefits
of Flowscript (MVC) are self explanatory, and I would be very surprised
if cocoon is not pushed in this direction.

All of the components that you mention, generators etc etc..., can all
be used with JXT as well as far as I'm aware.

I just think it would be a good idea to start standardising on some
core technologies within the cocoon framework, instead of stumbling
across these various technologies as time goes by!

Peter