cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Xue" <s...@vectorsw.com>
Subject How to pass a XML file to another WebService application?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:01:05 GMT
Hi, All,

I am relatively new to cocoon. Please provide some guidelines, thanks.

We have a WebService application that can process and return XML files.

My question is how to ask cocoon to pass a XML file to that WebService
and receive the returned XML message.

Assuming the WebService is listening at http://WebServerHost:8880.

I would like the cocoon sitemap to be something likes this:

<map:match pattern="processRequest">
    <map:generate type="request">
        <map:parameter name="generate-attributes" value="true"/>
    </map:generate>
    <map:transform scr="convert_request_to_WebService_XML.xsl" type="xslt"/>
    <!--  -->
    <!-- Here, I would like to pass the XML file at this stage to http://WebServiceHost:8880
-->
    <!-- and receive the returned XML file to continue on -->
    <map:transform scr="generate_HTML_from_XML.xsl" type="xslt"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

Thanks for any advice.

Sean