cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Hoskens" ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Re: jpath transformer
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:35:06 GMT
Ha, I see, did you read the javadocs?
It states:
<snip>
 Transformer implementation of the JPath XSP tag library.
</snip>

But the jpath transformer doesn't support every tag yet.
Anyways you're better off using the xsp logicsheet.

I also think you misinterpreted the jpath transformer. (what follows is what I think it does!)
It doesn't take a template file and transform an xml like xslt. It does let you include variables
comming from a flow. (it does not have a src attribute) In a flow you may pass beans and stuff
and with jpath you can traverse that bean to show it on a page. Just take a look at the docpage
I gave you.

Am I making any sense? Or is my head so fuzzy I that I'm running way off.

Kind Regards,
Jan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: beyaNet Consultancy
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:11 AM
  Subject: Re: jpath transformer

  Jan,
  the transformer I mentioned is:

  <map:transformer logger="sitemap.transformer.jpath" name="jpath" src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.JPathTransformer"/>

  Peter
  On 23 Apr 2004, at 07:14, Jan Hoskens wrote:

    I've not yet heard of a jpath transformer, where did you find it? I do know that there's
an xsp logicsheet "jpath" that you may use, especially for
    use with flow. There's another transformer which does jpath/jexl stuff, but that's the
JXTemplateTransformer.

    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jpath.html
    http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/jxtemplate.html

    Kind Regards,