cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Uchenna Igwebuike" <uche...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject RE: CForms(woody) ad hibernate design advice needed
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:01:53 GMT
I do the same thing with Entity Beans, by doing a net change ie update
all records contained in the repeater, insert any new ones and delete(or
deactivate) the missing ones. This way I don't loose the object identity
(surrogate key) generated the first time that it is created, as this
helps preserve the audit trail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel McConaughy [mailto:joel@displayware.com]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 7:34 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: CForms(woody) ad hibernate design advice needed

I need to develop a large number of database maintenance pages with
create/read/update/delete functionality (e.g. users, items, regions,
etc.).  Repeater widgets and actions provide an easy way to display
multiple rows and edit them in place.  However, it seems like the only
simple way to update a database is to delete every row and then
re-insert the contents of the repeater.  This unfortunately doesn't
scale with large results sets.  Is there a better way?  Thanks in
advance.
Fyi, I'm planning to use hibernate from flow for serialization (thanks
Hugo for the samples!).
joel
Joel McConaughy
Managing Partner